Installing to Hard Disk or Network
Copying files to a Hard Drive from CD.
- Create a folder where you will put the files.
- Browse to the media (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, etc.) for this product in your file browser.
- Copy these items from this product into the folder you just created.
- The START.HTML file
- The "data" folder
You do not need to copy over any other files.
- Once the files are finished copying, you may want to create a shortcut on your desktop. Do this by RIGHT clicking on the START.HTML file then scrolling down to Create Shortcut.
- You can remove the product media from your computer and launch (or double-click) the START.HTML file from your hard drive or network.
To remove the files delete them as you would any other file.
For PDF support and troubleshooting go to Adobe's support page.
The product is designed for Adobe® Reader® software. It will display properly with any version of Adobe® Reader® 7 or newer.
If you do not have Adobe Reader installed or have an older version of the software, it is recommended that you install the latest version of Reader from the Adobe Reader download page. You may download Reader for Macintosh, Windows, Linux, or UNIX.
After you have Adobe Reader installed, make sure it downloads updates. Select Help in the menu bar, then Check for Updates...
Older version known issues:
A warning box will tell you some elements may not display or print properly, but searching and navigation should function normally.
Acrobat 5 or older
Bookmarks and links may not work! A warning box will tell you some elements may not display or print properly.
Allowing Blocked Content
In Internet Explorer (Windows)
Click "Yes" when prompted to allow "blocked content" when running this product. If you accidently clicked "No" here's how to turn the blocked content back on:
- In the Windows Control Panel select Network and Internet
- Then select Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security category and check the box "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer".
- Click "OK" to save your settings.
Certain computing environments have tight controls with regard to users enabling Active Content. Contact your system administrator if you have trouble with Active Content in your browser.
For other browsers, operating systems, or other problems searching, go to the Troubleshooting section.
- Go to http://java.com/download/
- There are instructions there to install Java on your system.
- You may need to restart your computer.
Multimedia files are provided as is.
Make sure you have to proper player(s) installed for the multimedia you are trying to play.
To view the .mov file format included on this product you can use QuickTime found at the Apple QuickTime download page.
QuickTime is the most prevalent player for the .mov format. We cannot recommend them, but there are other players available on the internet, specifically for older versions of Windows and Linux.
It may take some time to display your search results depending on:
Your computer platform
Macintosh users may have to wait up to 30 seconds for your search results to appear. This is due to the functionality of Apple's Java on the Macintosh.
Number of search results returned
It will take longer to search if you search for a common word.
The more specific your search terms, the fewer documents will result.
If you see the "Retrieving Search Results" screen, but never get any search results.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed
- Make sure you are using a compatible web browser
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6 or newer, Opera 8 or newer or Mozilla-based (Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox) browser
- Firefox compatibility on Mac may require the latest Mac OS and Java updates.
- Macintosh: Safari 4.0.5 or higher, Firefox 3.6.3 or higher*
- UNIX/Linux: Opera 8 or newer, or a Mozilla-based browser
- Your System Administrator may have security measures in place that limit the search engine on this product.
- You may need administrator privileges to use the search feature.
- Windows 2000 (Service Pack 2) or newer
- Java 1.4 or newer (if using a web browser other than Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X 10.3.4 or higher (older versions will not be able to search)
Safari 4.0.5 or higher, Firefox 3.6.3 or higher*
* Firefox compatibility on Mac may require the latest Mac OS and Java updates.
- Java 1.4.1 update 2 or higher
- Basic functions (viewing papers, search) should work under all current versions of UNIX or Linux, provided:
- Java 1.4 or newer is installed
- Adobe Reader 7.0 or later for viewing PDF content
- Other software may be needed to view multimedia files.
Adobe Acrobat support for PDF can be found at Adobe's support web page.
Support by Phone
Support hours are: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, excluding major US holidays.
Please ask for whichever is appropriate for your product CD Support, DVD Support, or Flash Drive Support. We will need:
- Name and phone number where we can return your call
- Operating system (Windows, Mac, UNIX/Linux) and version
- Web browser
- The name of this product
- A detailed description of your problem, take notes of exact details for the best help.